Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Do as I say not as I do...

It is important to stop wasting time when you have a dream. Most times the wrong job is the greatest waste of time. I remember a few years ago whilst talking to a student, she asked me what I wanted to do as a career. To her question I replied, "Photography." Her reply was a pointed question, "So what are you doing here?"

This is a very good questions to ask yourself and to answer. Sometimes like me we come up with endless reasons why we should be where we are. Most of them as excuses. Even right now I have loads of them. I am more fearful of taking risks than I was 5 years ago, when I left my crappie job to follow my dream of completing a project for our local jazz festival here. I did not become a millionaire with that project ( well I did make a few thousands, though it did not cover the cost) but it was well worth it.

It is important to take the plunge. Not without thinking things through, though. Cause most times once you cross that bring there's no coming back. Make sure that your dream is well thought out. The following questions are important: How will I do it? What do I expect from it? Are my expectation reasonable? How will this affect the persons involved (wife, family, etc)?

But do take the plunge. The experience will make you a better wiser person and will bring you closer, than you are right now, to your dream (Whatever that is).

As for me...I know that all this is true but for some reason...I'm still teetering on the edge. Don't worry, I am jumping off soon.

oh!!... The image of the little girl is another sample of my bounced flash photos. I am running out of white walls.

No comments: