Tuesday, October 2, 2007

No blogging for almost 1 year

Well, the year is almost over. The last time I posted something here was in Dec 2006. Wow! A lot of stuff has happened since. Got my first magazine publication - 10 photos published in a tourism magazine. The money came in handy. OVer the year I bought a new lens-the canon EF 24-70 mm f2.8L lens. It was worth every dime spent on it. I also got a portable flash and a few other little odds and ends. Considering purchasing at least one more flash (580 EX II) and a two lenses (85 mm f1.8 and 200 mm f2.8L).

I had a really interesting experience this year. I had been focusing on nature photography and ignoring portraiture for many years. As of this year, I am focusing on shooting portraits. I realize that it is a very good source of income for a photographer.

I also made the decision to purchase wide aperture lenses and 'L' series lenses as much as possible. I believe they are worth the investment as they will last for years and years to come and have a good resale value. I came to this conclusion when for no conceivable reason to me, my kit lens that came with my 20D stop working properly. I could not use apertures smaller than the maximum aperture. This led to me using my cousins 'L' series lenses. These are beautiful. The image quality is amazing.

I am also spending a lot of time on strobist.com learning about lighting and learning how to do some of the lighting mods. Cool site. Please do check it out.

Some things I've shot this year:

No comments: