Thursday, October 4, 2007

Setting portable flash to manual

In all my years doing photography as a hobby, I have probably used flash in manual about 4 times. Of late the flash has been set to manual and left there. Total control is cool. I am spending much time on the strobist blog and learning so much about lighting. I just need to take that flash off camera now. I bought a canon EF-430 ex speedlite. It's cool but I should have added the money and bought a 580 ex. Oh, and why did canon not put a pc terminal on this flash. This just does not make any sense. Now I am forced into either of two purchases: the canon off-camera cord/cable or hotshoe to sync cord adaptor and pc cord. Looking into the prices right now.

In the mean time I am doing light modifiers for my flash. Working on the grid spot made with straws right now ( I really need to get this flash off camera). I will post pics of my mods soon.

No comments: