Friday, October 5, 2007

iPhoto '08 rocks

I am still drooling about Aperture, which I can't run on my 12 inch G4 because of the video card. However, I've installed iPhoto '08 and it rocks. Though not as advanced as Aperture, it still has good enough features to be used by a photographer (of course it still does not beat having Aperture). This version of iPhoto comes with some niffy features which I should probably get into in another post.

Pre-iPhoto'08 I was using Canon's Digital Photo Pro. While this is great software, the workflow is not as smooth as with iPhoto especially when it comes to keywording, which it seems Canon has not spent much time on (or maybe if it is there I have not found it). So after your collection has grown into a couple thousand or even hundred photos it becomes more difficult to find things. Keywording makes finding things so much faster and so much less of a headache. So until I get Aperture, I am sticking with iPhoto.

No comments: